Stop Start Issues

Chris

Question

Hi

Have a 62 plate SE

Almost got the SR just a day too late oh well anyway Im told the SR gives a harde ride anyway, really how can that be?

currently have start / stop issues and been in the shop for last 4 days plus 2 previous visits of 2 daya a piece.

Any suggestions wud b most

welcome

On my wifes Delta, the stop/start system has never worked, apart from a brief period (after having removed the battery in a search for the gearbox filler bung) it hasn't really been an issue, but I like stuff to work!

My Punto diesel daily driver is now at 3 years and 95000 kms, I've ordered a new Tipo saloon, and the punto and the delta were sitting nose to nose in the driveway, I decided to swap the 6 year old battery for the 3 year old battery!

Lo and behold, the Deltas stop/start system has come to life, working perfectly a week later! ! !

The Punto had me worried, but after a day or two it has begun working properly.

I now believe that the battery has more of an effect on the stop/start system than meets the eye

On my wifes Delta, the stop/start system has never worked, apart from a brief period (after having removed the battery in a search for the gearbox filler bung) it hasn't really been an issue, but I like stuff to work!

My Punto diesel daily driver is now at 3 years and 95000 kms, I've ordered a new Tipo saloon, and the punto and the delta were sitting nose to nose in the driveway, I decided to swap the 6 year old battery for the 3 year old battery!

Lo and behold, the Deltas stop/start system has come to life, working perfectly a week later! ! !

The Punto had me worried, but after a day or two it has begun working properly.

I now believe that the battery has more of an effect on the stop/start system than meets the eye

Yeah no two ways about it! The battery needs to be in peak performance for the stop/start to work and it even states this in the handbook. In winter with lights and heating on it will even deactivate to save the battery.