Chrysler Grand Voyager 2003 2.5 Crd Diesel Head Gasket

legonsuk

Question

hi all newbie here i hope some one can help chrysler grand voyager 2.5 crd  i am going to have to do a head gasket on my one i think. i have done some vauxhall 16v head gaskets in the past and just need to no if they is any think i need to look out for or any odd tools you may need  i take it you have to get the head skimmed like the vauxhall heads any help and info would be gratefully appreciated from any one that has had to do one .

2 answers to this question

Skimmed if needs skimmed of course. Check with long rule/gauge its not warped or get professionally checked. May need Injector puller as there known to be seized in. Good time to overhaul injectors. Clean out EGR. Check turbo vanes and waste-gate actuator. Cambelt kit of course. 

Hi, I hope is not too late for some advice.

I did it on mine:

You will need a 11mm socket for the head bolts, I would go for an impact one( I actually bought 3 after breaking a normal halfords "advanced" one). If you don't already have it attached you will find the tightening sequence and torque, the new gasket comes with fitting instructions and torques.

To have more access to the engine you could remove the bumper and?or the wipers cover and motor casing.

As gordy suggested, while you're there do some maintenance on it, I replaced the "O" rings and the copper washers on the injectors too.

Not very pleasant but to remove the injectors easily (in case there is a fuel leak and carbon built up around any of them), let the engine running until it melts the unburned fuel, mind that will be hot around the engine.

I'm not sure about the existing head if needs skimming but if you replace it with a different one it does.

Hope it helps.

Edited by mikebh8