Part Search - Chrysler Grand Voyager 2.8Crd - Flexplate

andyb2000

Question

Hi folks,

Anyone know of where to get spares here in the UK? My usual places (ebay, eurocarparts, ultimatespares, vanmatic, sussexautos) all came up blank for this.

I'm after the flexplate for a 2005 2.8CRD auto, they don't seem that common a part, I've also tried to find the genuine mopar part number but can't locate that either, so I'm throwing it open to you kind chaps to see if anyone knows who/where i might get one from, preferably new.

(If you've been following my thread on this, I'm back to this as the cause of my engine knocking sound, so going to drop the transmission, autobox and torque converter, get at the flexplate and look for it being cracked - which is my suspicion)

Cheers

7 answers to this question

Hi folks,

Anyone know of where to get spares here in the UK? My usual places (ebay, eurocarparts, ultimatespares, vanmatic, sussexautos) all came up blank for this.

I'm after the flexplate for a 2005 2.8CRD auto, they don't seem that common a part, I've also tried to find the genuine mopar part number but can't locate that either, so I'm throwing it open to you kind chaps to see if anyone knows who/where i might get one from, preferably new.

(If you've been following my thread on this, I'm back to this as the cause of my engine knocking sound, so going to drop the transmission, autobox and torque converter, get at the flexplate and look for it being cracked - which is my suspicion)

Cheers

Don't know but I'll have a look around for you. Flex was always a better bet than tone. My mate has a cheepo hand held camera scope I could borrow and there should be an inspection hole, the trouble with the flex is you need an articulating camera lens to get a good view. Although in your case it sounds more like the entire centre hole and bolts are completely separated rather than just fracture lines.

Hi Andy,

I've just had a couple of Mopar bits from a company in Arizona, good price and blooming fast delivery, the V intake gasket ordered Thursday evening and arrived on Tuesday!!

The sliding door complete wiring track was an arse though, got spanked for £30 import duty, first time it's happened to me.

Anyway, try www.moparwholesaleparts.com they were very helpful and will check from your VIN number properly (hey QinteQ!)

I just had a very quick look, and not too strangely on the year lookup they only list petrols - American site - but the flex plate for a 3.3 was $48 (yes Dollars)

Edited by bignev

Thanks both of you,

Yep QinteQ, we've got a little boroscope cam that we've used to have a look in, difficult to tell though but looking through the cracked inspection hatch one or two of the nuts look chewed which is a telltale sign something is wrong at t'mill. So we're pinning our efforts on that, so autobox drop and take a look. I'll be taking photos as not something I thought I'd ever be tackling!

Thanks bignev, I'd tried places like that and yes the problem is the 2.8CRD seemed to be a UK/Europe only model so the states don't think they exist at all which is the bit slowing it down.

Had a callback this morning though, and this is unbelievable, local Chrysler (Alexanders in Thornaby) can get both the flexplate and the flexplate inspection cover for me for under £100 (We're having to wait as one is in the country the other is shipping in from Italy). I'd never have thought of calling a dealership to try but turns out that's worked and for a decent price in this case!

Awesome result that Andy!!

And I've had a few special parts for my petrol from the Guys at Pentagon in Barnsley for very acceptable money last year.

Just had a wallet attack on the rear shocks for the Stow n Go however.......... cheapest $370 each!!!!!! Nivomat self leveling apparently.

So I will be trying my hand at new bushes!!!!

Watcha bignev me lad !

Yeh Andy I looked [#2] the very next morning, it took all of 5 minutes to decide main stealer only if your lucky. Available all over USA for $50 OEM & Mopar - £100GB£ in this country and we know the probs even with a VIN.

I said that "Flex was always a better bet than tone" hence the reason I asked you in your other thread when you were looking at engine whether you used 'drop gear' or kickdown both of which put an enormous extra flex on the flex-plate. Like others I hope it proves to be flex particularly now that you indicate "two of the nuts look chewed" maybe 100 snots and greasy hands will put you back on the road even though dropping the bell and an extra £60 for new oil is a pain.