Alarm, Speedo And Gearshift Problems

jason1883

Question

Hello everyone

I just bought a 4th gen Voyager only after owning a 3rd which has turned out to be the best car I have ever owned.

While driving the car home the engine management light came on. When taking off from a set of lights the car felt like it was sluggish when moving off and then realised it was stuck in a high gear and the speedo wasn't working. Everything was fine on the test drive.

After some web searches the input and output sensors on the transmission were changed. This made no difference and the car still felt like it is stuck in a high gear and the speedo is still not working.  Code scanner says code p0731 and the key dance says p1684.

After having done the key dance, I tried to start the car again but the battery had gone flat. So the battery was charged overnight, left it on the bench for a couple of days checking from time to time with a volt meter to make sure it wasn't losing charge.

Today when I put the battery back in the car, the hazard lights started flashing and a few seconds later the alarm siren starts going off continuously. The remote still opens and close the doors but the siren refuses to shut up.

Other things i noticed were, when collecting the car it only just barely started, this was put down to it not being driven or started for a while and the transmission fluid is bright red and not pink like I have read on the web.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jason

1 answer to this question

Hi, sorry for late reply but personally I didn't fell confident in giving advices with the faults you are having.

However, if not sort it already, first to look for are:

Speedo sensor (see picture) it is attached to the gearbox on the driver side and connected to driver's driveshaft.

High gear problem it has been discussed before, check first the oil level in the gearbox, on the gearbox near the passenger wheel is a rubber cap, pull it out and feel with the finger or something if it is oil up to there.

The hazard lights will stay on until the key is turned on to ACC.

Hope it helps.

If not sort it already, tomorrow I'll let you know the fault code meaning.

Edited by mikebh8