Rear Abs Sensor

GVCamper

Question

My 05 has been throwing code for the front right abs sensor for a while but recently I hooked ut up to a Wurth tool which showed code for both rear sensors too.

I checked tire pressure afterwards and there was a 1.5bar difference, could this be enough to throw code?

Mine is a fwd so I think it may have the rear abs sensor integrated in the bearing which would put me out a lot in time for my MOT.

2 answers to this question

Hmm, depends on what it's finding. Are you getting the ABS or brake warning lights coming on whilst driving?

(Remember on MOT they don't hook a scantool up, if it has dash warnings on they'll fail but otherwise they won't pull codes)

If the ABS/brake light comes on during driving then it's the rotation sensor not sending the right 'speed' or movement data back which is likely to be the sensor. I'm unsure if the rear are the same hall effect tooth sensors that are on the front, mine is the 2.8CRD front wheel drive and that's what it had, haven't checked the back. Take the wheel off and have a look, might save you a few quid in the short term.

The abs light is continously lit, after the readout and delete it went on after 50 meters or so but I didn't check the tire pressure right then.

I think i'll swap the front sensor i know is gonw, check tire pressure again and then get my buddy to clear codes and check if the problem remains.