Newbie Introduction

mistersanity

Hi fellow forum members. 

I have a 56 (Jan 07) plate Chrysler 300C Tourer, 80,000 miles.  Purchased at 18 months old and its given me relatively pain free motoring for the last 8+ years.  post-1708-0-46575000-1487619042_thumb.jpg.  Need some advice please as its just developed a problem.  I thought it would be wise to make some enquiries first before throwing hard-earned cash at the nearest stealership.

Its got a stammer when I put my foot down hard on the accelerator at about 45-50mph.  If I ease the power on slowly it seems ok.  No warning lights (yet).  Noticed a fair bit of oily residue which appeared to have been blown from one of the two large air pipes that connect to the turbo (one metal and the other plastic).  Cleaned up oil residue and took the plastic air pipe and large rubber o gasket off.  the gasket was split in half and the plastic pipe was broken underneath the metal clip.  Obtained and replaced with new parts but the stammering is still there. 

There doesn't appear to be any oil leak from the end of the metal charged air intercooler pipe, but could its ring gasket be at fault perhaps.  Or am I possibly looking at a bigger issue with the turbo.  I have also read about problems with the swirl motor being caused by oil leaking down from the turbo above.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.  And can anyone recommend an alternative  repairer near Southampton rather than the dealership?

Many thanks in advance.

Al.