Newbie Sebring Owner

flossy1155

Hi everyone I have a 2009 2.0 CRD Sebring Convertible that I have owned since it was 10months old its now done 62,000 miles and has been extreamly reliable all but for a power steering pump, turbo pipe, and 3 sets of wheels, which were all sorted by the dealers under the 3 year warrantee, so no complaints realy. It now getting around to fitting a new battery time as its been in the car since when I first brought it. Now here's the thing the dealers want £298 for a battery so they say and all the sites on the internet show only the USA version which has the battery conections on the side and I think they are gell batteries. Well from what I can see of mine the battery is an Exide and the posts are on the top as I charged it up a bit the other day as I can just reach the terminals with my crocodile clips on my charger. This battery just looks like your normal maintenance free one that you can get for £100 or less. So my question is is there any of you out there that has fitted a new battery to one of these UK spec Sebrings and is there anything special I need to know like keeping a battery charger connected to the terminals when removing the old battery so as not to loose the radio etc. Or is it just ok to disconnect as per normal put in the new one and everything works ok. Also if anyone has replaced there battery which one did you buy and what ampage. cheers folk if you can help me it would be great.