Rear Interior Lights Change?

Arturo

Question

7 answers to this question

Pop the plastic covers off with a small screw driver & take the bulbs out.

Hi Woodie106,

Thanks for the reply, but I was a bit hesitant to try to force it in fear of breaking or cracking the covers, the front map light covers are easy pop off, and there are some videos on youtube, but no video for the rear ones.

Regards,

Arturo. 

I finally got them out, you realy have to be very careful prying them out, I was sweating all over the place afraid that I would break one of the covers.

Now I can change all the interior lights to leds.

Thanks for the replys.

Best regards,

Arturo.

The 42mm CANBUS error free festoon lights I bought were SMD / LED. 70W was the total of the old festoons and the two map lights, the new SMD's gave more light per unit and reduced the total draw from the battery / alternator down to 10W. Yes the dimmers work just the same.

The 5050 SMD's I used were these crappy ones but they work ok! I needed 8 but bought 12 @ £1.90 each at the time. The two 501 W5W 8SMD LED for the map-lights were SMD / LED and I had to 'fettle' by soldering bits of wire direct to the old 'wedge' bulb holder. Mines a 2005, you should check that yours are 42mm festoon, ditto the T10 bulb holders in the overhead.

Best of luck!