Central Locking Issue?

mrtibbs

Question

Hi all. I have today bought myself a 2006 (56) Grand Voyager 2.8 Ltd XS CRD in silver. I am thrilled with the car however after driving it home I locked it and found that the drivers side (offside) rear sliding door did not lock. It locks manually but not on the remote. I am suspecting the actuator has failed, and would appreciate some pointers. 

TIA 

Keith

6 answers to this question

Hi there, yes it's quite possibly the actuator, if you have a look on here it was covered only recently, easy to test by using the one of the other door plugged into the loom of the suspect one, they are the same apart from the arm. 

I got one from the States off ebay with left and right arms.

Yes it's a fairly straightforward job.

Can't quite remember if there is a couple of screws through the door card

Then you just need to pry the door card off, it's held in place with those little plastic clips.

The door must be open but not slid back as the actuator is to the rear of the door.

It's hidden behind the steel frame of the door. Actuator is only held in place with 1 small screw, there should be a small access hole to get a magnetic Philips screwdriver through (the hole was missing on mine so I had to drill a hole)