Happy New Year!

MikeyRules

Question

Just wanted to wish all my fellow Delta owners a happy, healthy and fun filled new year!

Have you any plans for your Delta this year? I'm due a Cambelt asap, has anyone done theirs yet?

I was also toying with the idea of selling it, and getting another Alfa, but after doing a 700 mile return journey from Eastbourne over the Christmas break, I'm not sure it's worth selling as it still fulfils most of my needs.

23 answers to this question

Ah that's good to hear... I wondered whether the 500x was still on the cards and whether it was arrivederci to the Delta or not. So is the 500x a future purchase or you going to run both?

I've just priced up the Gates Cambelt complete kit at £59..99, and the water pump is around £32, so not bad all in! Just waiting on Nige to confirm fitting and we're good to go! I had the oil and filter changed when the turbo was rebuilt last year, but might as well get it all done again at the same time.

You still got the Fiat Coupe or did you sell it?

The Coupe is still here mate but is up for sale now. I've had a couple of biters but need to sort a slightly leaking heater Matrix first before I seriously start to move it on.

I'm going to run the Delta as my daily instead and the 500X for Mrs Nello. My lads are just getting too big now (eldest just at 6ft!) to run the Coupe especially as I'm now doing most of the school runs so we both need x4 door cars............... 

My mate who owns Motor-Mech has the belt and Water Pump at about £180 for the Bravo so about the same done to the Delta (Mates-Rates!) - so not bad at all.......................

Edited by Nello

Well good luck with the Coupe sale when you finally get around to it. It'll fly as they are becoming very desirable now especially one as nice as yours! I just wish I could afford it!!

Glad you're keeping the Delta. Mine has been far better than I ever thought it would be, hence me not in any hurry to move it on. I have a feeling it's going to cost me money in the near future though, as it approaches five years old, although having said that it's only just passed the 40k marker, so still a baby from that perspective.

Great price that for a belt/pump change!! Even my mates rates aren't that good! I've just paid £60 for the full kit (Gates) inc water pump, and the labour charge is £150, so didn't think £210 all in was that bad until you said yours!! :lol:

Having said that though I wouldn't sway Nigel for anyone... He's been a total star with my stock cars for sale. Complete PDI (120 point check) plus fluid/filter service for £95. It's not often you get a Master Tech to work on your car, as in most garages you'd get the junior mechanic while they sat in the office drinking coffee!!

Nice one mate. The Delta is just too good a car and too different on the street to change for anything else still currently. I'm still getting asked about it a few years on.....................

There are better cars to drive but very little better as a family runaround in the different design/style stakes for the money........

Mines currently on 54k and hasn't really missed a beat.

Tyres - service items (brakes) and thats it. I have a new Bravo T-Jet exhaust (same system) sat in my garage as my original unit developed a couple of holes but some gum-gunk filled them perfectly and its still going but will probably be all changed this year. Perfectly happy with 50k+ for an exhaust!

It continues to run fine, no plans to change I don't think any car justifies the cost of a change as to get anything better would need a big expense (and I don't have spare cash anyway). I changed the tyres a while back to Goodyear eagle asymmetric 3 and they really suit it drives the best ever on them, I also got hold of a full sized spare wheel which makes me feel more secure on long drives.

Yep I look occasionally when I remember, but have only seen 16'' or smaller space savers, and couldn't remember the formula for rolling road radius to work out which was best as they differ quite a bit in price...

...and haven't really seen my exact alloy wheel for sale, just some Fiat ones that are a slightly different pattern. Will keep looking.

I originally bought a Bravo space saver and tool kit but recently picked up a set of 4 delta 18in alloys with passable tyres on for £150 they are a bit kerbed but I think well worth it as they are like hen's teeth. I had to cut down the tool tray as it was designed for the thin space saver but the 18in wheel fits the wheel well perfectly tbh I hadn't expected that as I believe Chrysler only ever supplied 17in if a spare was specified on a car with 18s Edited by Rossocorsa