Cigarette Lighter

Deano1324

Question

6 answers to this question

The two lighter sockets at the front, one is battery connected so constant power (picture of battery on the cover) and the other is key/ignition switched (Picture of key on cover if memory serves me right).

However, if BOTH are constant power, then the fuse in the fusebox has been switched to the constantly on position (It's a 3-position fuse to allow this change) so if you find both fronts are constantly on then have a look at your fusebox for that fuse.

I useing the front lighter so is that the one is live all the time and the one in the boot is only live on the ignition is that right

The LHS front and the one in the boot are permanent live. The RHS is only live when the ignition is switched on. The RHS front is 12v low wattage the LHS front and the one in the boot are 12v high wattage. If you use the RHS front your camera will switch off when the engine is turned off. If you put your camera in the LHS your camera will be always be turned on - many use this setting for night-guard % supermarkets guard purposes. I hope this helps your understanding.