Heater Blower Not Working

Semmysonic

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi guys,

My heater blower is working intermittently. More not working at the moment than the other! What are your first thoughts guys, fan motor or resistor I'm guessing?! I've had a little nose on YouTube etc and worked out resistor is an easy fix, motor not so much. Want to get it sorted before the real bad weather gets in.

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks!

Hiya @@robbie2red mine was on full tilt and wouldn't turn off, popped the info on a resurrected post with @@crispinchurch recently.

If you turned the power off it went to recirc but still on full speed, however the lights on the panel go out.

Second time I've had it, much cheaper this time! Twenty quid, hope it lasts.

Edited by bignev

What does the heater do? Does it just stay on one speed? Resistor is the cause. If it is an intermittent problem as in sometimes works properly and can choose the speed or. sometimes don’t then I would suggest it wiring somewhere.

Hey @@Ben2802 hmmm it's more the latter as you've explained it, I hope it's not the wiring. I've ordered a resistor earlier so we'll try that to start.

Cheers for the advice guys.

It would be nice, I’m on my second gv now and the resister was the easiest fix. This weekend after a tip run I’ll mainly be trying to get the sump plug out after someone has stripped the shape out when tightening it up last time. And putting a helicoil in the rear calliper mounting as it’s stripped out as well through lack of maintenance. Wish people would do work properly instead of doing a bodge.

oh yes @@robbie2red I wish they were that simple and cheap, do I ever!

and @@Ben2802 totally agree with you, SO FAR I've been lucky on this car that it hasn't had bodges.

But it must have been built on a Monday morning after they'd been at an all weekend barbecue bender. Or the Friday afternoon when they were off to it and not concentrating.

Not remotely the best of the three we've had.