Diesel Consumption 2.8 Crd/error P1130

mac280

Question

Hi All,

I have problem with my 2005 GV 2.8 CRD.Diesel consumtion is killing me.17 liters per 100km /17mpg

All the injectors reconditioned/crank sensor new ,valve on fuel rail new.when playing with key is showing error code p1130.I have no idea where is the problem.

Any sugestion more than welcome 

HELP PLEASE 

Edited by mac280

16 answers to this question

1130 could be legacy from your fuel rail problem although I would have expected the garage doing the work to have cleared the code. At half(ish) the MPG expected it suggests you still have the same problem and are over-fuelling, your air / fuel mix must be all to hell or you drive round locked in low gear.

Hi

Thanks for your replay.The gears are shifting without any problem -it must be something wrong with air/diesel mixture-the only thing is why the computer is not showing anything and when you play with the key the code is coming 

The key dance only shows only the most basic ODBII codes, nothing much use, just the bare bones. All cars these days are in fact 4 different interacting computers. In your case you spent on the fuel [ling] system, my 'starter for ten' is you appear to still have a fuel [ling] / air mix problem. A decent diagnostic scanner should narrow down where to look, many garages have a decent diagnostic scanner, any do not. Best of luck.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/images/obd2-codes-explanation.png

With no undue smoke or running problems only thing I can instantly think of is engine temp sensor telling ECU it's still cold. Service item like air filter should be nice and clean of course. There's been a few of these high mpg issues mentioned on forums, but, if there was an answer, we're not getting to know.

cool will  have a look in to the temp sensor us sometimes is overheating -not much but above  half of the gauge.

thx

Most people in the 2.8's never get to 1/2 on the temp gauge in the winter and have to airdam-MOD the front of the grill myself included. Winter MPG is always going to be less than summer MPG, in my case my 33.9 uptill-down dale is always 3MPG less in the winter than summer and my car has an additional Webasto auxiliary heater [thankfully] fitted. Most cars never ever have the anti-freeze checked let alone [front] flushed and replaced with new G05 & distilled water only, particularly once a car is over 3 years old the engine oil, brakes, filters, and highly hydroscopic brake fluid is neglected. Garages will stick any handy type of available fluid in any hole and don't care a hoot - why would they - how would you ever know. For myself I was ashamed when I did a complete cooling fluids flush on its 5th year of low mileage life including the matrix only to find a whole lot more solids and gunk - an unanticipated find in an alloy rad. If yours goes to 'just above' the half consistently that's not overheating, a knackkered stat is designed to fail in the open position [in which case it would stay cold for ever], that suggests your stat is working.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/jn4AAOSwPc9W1WVX/s-l1600.jpg

Hi.

Cooling liqiud was changed 2 weeks a go toogether with injectors they where recondintioned,In the garage they flushed the cooling system few times.in few weeks time im going to replaice againg coolig liquid for new one.the garage said to let the new  clean cooling liquid to work and clean the system properly, then we exchange agian for new one-mid of januaryi should go to replace it.

The high fuel consumption is only when i drive in the city,when i do motorways the computer is showing 6-7L/100km

thx

Edited by mac280

Sorry can't help with your problem but I'm wondering what mpg you guys get.

My gv- 2005 2.8crd ltd xs with aux heater - averages about 24mpg. Always has. Will do 30+ on a long motorway jaunt but i do a mix of town & dual carriageway most of the time.

is mine especially bad or is that about normal.

Just a question fellas, are you calculating fuel consumption or trusting the computer, which is going to be optimistic. My petrol / gas one is around 1 or 2 mpg up - quite a percentage round town that on these!!! At 16 ish in the cold. But on gas most of the time of course

But my second car, a 2007 Galaxy, is a bit worse, reckoned 52 mpg, but 420 miles on 46 litres..........my maths says 42 mpg, lying toad Ford.

I just go on what the display gives me. I don't have the time, patience, or inclination to work it out. I know a few people who have reams of spread sheets charting fuel consumption from the first time they ever put fuel in their austin a40, but i just can't be arsed to be honest. Edited by Woodie106

Fair enough that is pal!

I am pretty sure that my galaxy is very extreme in its optimism.

A dead simple method to get actual values - when the fuel light comes on, reset the trip meter straight away.

When you can, fill up with 45.4 litres - 10 gallons. Drive the car as usual !!!!!!

When the fuel light comes on again see how many miles it's done and divide by 10, = mpg. Simple.

And just repeat if you can be arsed or are interested enough, say if you are going on a reasonable drive.

Yes sometimes the light may come on a bit early if the car is stopped on a slope for long enough, so not always going to be hyper right. If you have a steep drive that will cock it right up!!!