Differential Isolator Rubber?

VOYAGER1

post-376-0-35311700-1479317752_thumb.jpg

Hello,

There was a strong noise in the back of the van and a little vibration felt on the steering wheel.
I had all four wheels balanced for four times to eliminate this but no success. Later on, we just placed the van on the stands since my van is AWD, and started the engine, depressed the accelerator till we would reach up 120 km/h per hour while on the stands. The mechanic at the service laid down under the van and recorded a video indicating that an isolator rubber bushing placed in a bracket holding the transmission was torn and could not provide an isolation between the chassis and the transmission. And, another mechanic made a handmade rubber seal which would be substitude for the original one.

After all, the Chrysler mechanic replaced this hand made rubber seal with the original one since we were not able to find the original rubber seal in here. In addition to this, we replaced the both rear wheel hubs in thinking of they may cause additional noise.
As a result, on 100 km/h and on, vibration still continues with a little rumbling noise in the back. I guess it still continues just because of the lack of the original rubber seal which is at the end of the bracket (#14) as shown in picture above.
So, I need to buy a used rubber, since Mopar says the rubber and the bracket in which the seal placed are both discontinued...
Thanks for your help in advance...

Edited by VOYAGER1

• 2 weeks later...

Since that day, I made a deep search and was not able to find the used but serviceable item even at the junkyards here too. The only thing I can find is Polyurethane tubes as silicone ones at the stores like Home Depot. So, I have no idea if it will work. Yesterday, I had one of my colleagues make a technical drawings and a CATIA 3D modelling of the isolator thing. I guess, on Monday, the rubber manufacturer guys will do their best and produce the item by mixing 70% rubber and 30% silicone. Later on, we will test it on my Voyager as well as hot/cold weather and shock tests. If we succeed, I will have the rubber item manufactured and sale that on Ebay with the explanation of the adventure. I will keep you updated about the progress...

http://forum.chryslerminivan.org/images/misc/progress.gif