Clunking Sound From Front

redkite3

Question

2 answers to this question

Upper control arm (wishbone) Lower control arms are worth a try along with tie rod ends but to be honest these vehicles front suspension set up sucks and you can replace every single part and still have the clunk when going over a matchstick. I've learned to tune it out after spending a small fortune on every conceivable fix, including changing all bushes over to poly's! Still got the clunk..

I have a clunk on the front of my car. I have replaced all the bushes, tie rods drop links and even the steering rack and its still there. Have read it might be the universal joint on the lower steering shaft. Help please

Well I'm now about to replace the NSF lower ball joint as I've found that one leaking grease from the boot. Decided to replace both, left & right lower, at the same time and I'm hoping that will be the last of the clunk! There truly wont be a front end part that has not been replaced after this so if its still there when I'm done I've decided to give up and the car will be treated to a Viking funeral! 

Edited by AngelsEnvy