Location Of G100 Ground - Abs Problem

Argee

Question

Hi everyone!

Can anyone give me a better idea where to find the G100 ground point on my 2003 2.5CRD Grand Voyager?

The workshop manual says it's near the Powertrain Control Module- which (and please correct me if I'm wrong...) doesn't feature with a manual gearbox.

I've got ABS problems - previously intermittent ABS light, occasional ABSing on braking without need for it.  The ABS light is now on constantly.

I've tested the voltage going to the ABS sensors and rather than a healthy 12V, they are only getting about 3V.  

I think there's a good chance that I might have a dodgy earth on the G100 ground.

As always, any advice gratefully received!

5 answers to this question

Update time!! - I fixed it!

After studying the circuit diagrams, I pulled the connector off of the underside of the fuse/relay box and disconnected the connector to the  ABS controller. I found that one of the wires that takes a 12V supply to the ABS controller had a break in it.  It had a splice somewhere between the 2 - which I thought was probably where the problem was.  Of course it was somewhere in the wiring loom and I didn't have the time or inclination to get to it - so I ran a bypass wire along the route of the loom.

That fixed all the error codes apart from the Front Right ABS sensor.  I tested the continuity between it and the ABS connector and it was fine.  I then replaced the sensor with one I had got from a breakers yard.......and once I got above 15mph......the yellow ABS light went out!! :-D

Hi Agree,

I have the same model car as yourself 2003 2.5crd GV Manual.

The Powertrain Control Module is present and placed in front of the battery ( protected by a metal guard)  i have inserted the manuals image, but i can provide my own if you require?

Just out of curiosity, have you checked to see if you have any fault codes stored in your dash?

14572132_10154160173308323_7172841040025

Edited by ryden

While you checked the voltage at the sensors did you manage to check the condition of the speed sensor rings?

One of mine was duff and did the same as yours are doing now.

I pulled the fuse till I replaced the shaft with ring, and obvioulsy have full braking, but no anti lock function - way better to have brakes!!!