Braking Issues?

spitzy

Question

Hi to all

I'm after help please...i have a 300c CRD 2006, had new pads and discs fitted.Basically the car is fine around town but on the motorway after about 20 mins i'm getting severe wheel wobble on braking ...i have to bring the car down to about 40mph.On stopping there is an awful smell from the wheels. I've had all the discs replaced...again...still the same..i'm open to all ideas

please help me

!

5 answers to this question

Jack the car up and play the wheel left to right and up to down, see if is movement.

You done all four wheels? does the steering wheel vibrates, if not is coming from the back. After few miles, stop and touch ( keep in mind it can be very hot) the wheels and check if any of them is hotter than the others.

Did you have that problem before?

Also check the shaft and axle nuts the wheel's centre but) if they are tight enough, I recently fixed one that was doing it but it had the abs sensor on the dash.

Hope it helps.

Jack the car up and play the wheel left to right and up to down, see if is movement.

You done all four wheels? does the steering wheel vibrates, if not is coming from the back. After few miles, stop and touch ( keep in mind it can be very hot) the wheels and check if any of them is hotter than the others.

Did you have that problem before?

Also check the shaft and axle nuts the wheel's centre but) if they are tight enough, I recently fixed one that was doing it but it had the abs sensor on the dash.

Hope it helps.

Got a feeling this Q is long since dead!