Lhr Signal Light Warning

twe

Question

i guys,

not been on this forum for a while. Busy with a baby who is already a year old now! Time is flying.

Anyway just this weekend I got an error message on the dashboard to check my rear signal lights and after paying attention to them I noticed that about 3 of the middle lights, on the rear are flickering on and off when trying to signal.

Are they actually bulbs in there or is this going to be an expensive fix? Wanted to see if they were loose.

For some reason I recall reading about this that happened to someone else but can't find the thread.

Thanks for the help!

8 answers to this question

Hi twe - Congrats on the baby - only seems like 5 mins since my two were in a pram but my eldest is nearly 6ft now!

Anyway I posted a thread a while ago about my rear light LED's flickering x3. Sounds like a similar issue.

Unfortunately the LED's cannot be replaced individually and the light is a complete sealed unit.

Unless you know an electrical wizard and someone who can prize/heat the unit apart - I think it sounds like you'll need a complete light unit.

The whole light units are only held on by x2 bolts from within the boot - I think they are susceptable to damp/moisture which may be the cause.

I tried to dry mine out with a hairdryer etc. but it was only a temporary fix and the flickering started again - annoying as LED's are supposed to be longer lasting.

Anyway a new light unit is about £130 from Italian ebay sellers though I managed to find one that was slightly cracked (almost invisible!) so was discounted to £60 from Germany.

It seems to be a fairly common issue looking at the Delta FB pages.............. Sorry!

Hi Hello, thanks for the reply. Do you know what the part number is or a description to search for?

I may try the dryer trick to see if I can temporarily fix it until I get a replacement. Could you see from any of the seals that water got in at all or try to improve the seal before putting it back in?

Just search on ebay.it for 'fanale posteriore lancia delta.' Theres loads on there but its just finding a seller thats willing to ship to the UK. Try asking a breaking Delta seller for a price for a light though I think they know they are scarce so I found it cheaper to buy a new one from abroad with shipping than getting one here. I can get you the part number if needed off mine or off eper as I have a copy (Fiats parts system). There are no seals as such on the unit itself. Its a complete plastic piece though there is an access hole for the electrical socket. Theres only a few rubber sections that mate the unit to the bodywork. Look inside the boot - You can see x2 Allen key'ed 'sockets' - they are all that hold the complete unit in place! Be careful not to drop it once undone as they fall out easy once disconnected.

Try http://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR1.TRC0.A0.H1.Xdelta+fanale.TRS0&_nkw=fanale+posteriore+lancia+delta&_sacat=0

Edited by Nello

Been a while since I came to this forum but just to let you know back in October when the weather got cooler the light started working again, lol!

Anyway probably go again as soon as we hit 20c+ but for now I got an extra 5 months out of it so far. Shame we can't just solder the problem ourselves.