Issue With Rb3 Radio Nav System

Liam89

Question

Hi, every time the ignition is turned off and on my radio looses all its settings. It's really starting to frustrate me but can't find a solution. I don't have the radio code either. It isn't one which has memory seats which I have read about online. Any ideas?

Yes as I said earlier, yours was a good battery, an AGM Exide 50aH 750CCA. A battery’s aH goes down the faster you use it, and a Voyager uses whole lot of electrics when all components are in perfect nick, even when its parked overnight, it falls down my scale of 'what is good' on Voyagers because its only 50Ah. NOTE Ah is nothing to do with starting power CCA.

So I purchased the said battery. And I'm still having the same issues. It is not saving anything I put in to the unit ie audio > FM fix > save a radio station > turn off ignition > turn on ignition and then it goes back to the first screen which is this picture.

post-1348-0-26876500-1467453701_thumb.jpeg

Think I've found some wires that have been tampered with. There's a ford relay wired in to the harness for some reason, a grey and red striped cable not connected to anything. Does anyone else have this or any idea what it could be done like this for? Want to put it back to standard but no idea why this would have been done?

Can't cast any light on it, but well done for getting things sorted. Things can be so annoyingly frustrating at times.

I know. The Mrs said just leave it it's not that much of an issue but it was really frustrating me and niggling away so I'm happy I found the issue. I just hope I haven't caused another issue :P

Sorry, I'd not been keeping up with the thread Liam,

OK, that goes back to the previous thoughts, that relay was probably for an aftermarket radio, amplifier or phone kit, and most times when selling the car they just quickly throw the wiring harness back together and don't bother to make sure the two key wires (constant power, and switched ignition power) are round the right way.

Regardless, Good work in tracking it down. You'll have lost your dash-sweep of gauges with the battery change which is important as when weather gets colder and the big diesel engine needs the glow plugs and engine cranking you'll be pleased you sorted the battery!

Thanks for posting back the solution.