Oil Psi

Kez1707

Question

Hi, I've got a 2007 gv 2.8 crd. Oil light comes on when warm and flashes on and off sporadically. The "key trick" brings up p0520. Changed the pressure sensor, no difference. Removed and cleaned sump and then flushed oil system, changed oil and filter and ran it for 200 miles then changed oil and filter again still no change. So tonight have removed oil sensor and fit a manual oil gauge which at full running temp read 3 psi at idle and 25psi at 2500rpm. Not sure if the gauge is faulty but those figures can't be right! (it's being tested on another car tomorrow) put another sensor back in and the light stays on less if that means anything? I've looked up fault codes and p0524 is low oil pressure and I'm not getting that. So too cut through all this does anyone know the bloody cure. Next step is either auto electrician to check all the wiring (at £45 p.h) or new oil pump at who knows what cost! Help! Please! Edited by Kez1707

1 answer to this question