Voyager Wont Start - Ecu Problem (Low Voltage)

steviec2000

Question

Hi, I need help!

I have a 2005 Grand Voyager XS limited 3.3l auto box.

This past week, the car suddenly wont start. It has been to 2 separate independent garages who have checked all of the fuses, fuel pump, relays etc and all appears to be fine.

What they did say was that the voltage of the ECU was low (which would fit in with the error on the car dashboard which was that the ASD relay had a low voltage). But they have looked at the ASD and it appears to be fine.

My question is has anyone had a similar experience, my local Chrysler/Jeep dealer (Yorkshire) cant fit me in for a diagnostic alone for 3 weeks which is a nightmare as I am really struggling without the car!

Does this sound like the ECU, does anyone know of anyone who can look at it and fix and any indication of cost? Any recommendations will be most appreciated.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I can understand how you feel I had a very similar experience with my Voyager 3.3 Auto - Neither the  RAC or 2 garages could resolve the problem. Possible cause revolved around the car's immobiliser system and solutions included disconnecting the positive terminal on the battery for a while and changing the shutoff relay neither of which seemed to resolve the problem.

Although It may have nothing to do with it, but one morning i decidied to use the spare key in the ignition and whether or not it reset the security system I don't know but the engine burst into life and I haven't had any problem since

Funny enough the first time this happened the car wouldn't start in a supermarket car park, I got the spare key and it started straight away. Next day the car wouldn't start at all with any key and hadn't done since.... I'm being told the ECU voltage is low, that this could be the reason why. But thinking about it, the first time it happened it did just spring to life as soon as I used the spare key....

SKIM SCREEM, pull the NEG battery cable for 16 minutes. The Chrysler Smart Key Immobiliser's job is to activate the Automatic ShutDown Immobiliser Relay if it thinks the car is stolen. You could have a code stored and permanent or stored and non-permanent pulling the NEG will clear codes on the non-permanent. If its a permanent code you will need someone with a good scanner to clear the code for you then see if it resurfaces on 'known good starts'. If it persists then its between your FOB's door and wiring and the SCREEM. Best of luck.

Car battery FOB Battery !