Usb And Blue & Me Problem

Rossdutch

Question

Hi All,

I have a problem with the audio system on my Delta and wondered if anyone else had experienced it, and hopefully found a solution, or could suggest something to try.

The blue&me audio system is no longer recognising any of three different USB devices I have previously used for playing music. When a USB device is plugged in and I press the 'Media' button on the console, the display alternates between 'Aux' and 'CD' as if no USB device was present, instead of the usual 'Aux' 'USB' 'CD' options.

Since the problem started, all I have tried is a 'reset' on the audio system (done by navigating through the 'menu' button on the console,) but this has not worked.

I hope this is not going to be too expensive / game over for USB music in the delta.

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated :)

Ross

4 answers to this question

Hi Ross, which head unit have you got? The standard CD/Radio or the Media Nav with touch screen? 

No worries in disconnecting the battery, but you will have a few random warning messages like 'Hill start' disabled etc, but just ignore them. You will also have to reset the one touch on all four windows too, so that they go up and down with one touch. You do this by lowering each window and holding for 10 seconds, and the repeating the procedure in the up position.

One question though? Do you have a small pin hole in the head unit face? Mine does and this is how you reset the unit.

Hello, thanks for the reply! It's a standard non-nav unit. I couldn't see a pin hole, only the four holes which i assume are for a removal tool. Disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes solved the problem perfectly, so if anyone else ever has this problem, it's worth a go. Thanks for the heads-up about the windows!

Sorry no idea mine is sometimes a bit erratic but I've never had this long term. Have you tried doing a software update?

Thanks for the message! I tried to update the software following the instructions on the Blue&Me website, but the update procedure required the car to recognise and read from a USB stick. I hoped it might be able to read the necessary files to perform the update, but it seems that it can't read the update files any more than it can read MP3's :( . The USB stick lights up, so there's voltage at the USB port still.

I plan to disconnect the battery from the car to see if that works. Before I do, an anyone think of any reason why I shouldn't? Could this be the automotive equivalent of 'turning it on and off again?'

Edited by Rossdutch

Hi Ross, which head unit have you got? The standard CD/Radio or the Media Nav with touch screen? 

No worries in disconnecting the battery, but you will have a few random warning messages like 'Hill start' disabled etc, but just ignore them. You will also have to reset the one touch on all four windows too, so that they go up and down with one touch. You do this by lowering each window and holding for 10 seconds, and the repeating the procedure in the up position.

One question though? Do you have a small pin hole in the head unit face? Mine does and this is how you reset the unit.