Hi All Ive Only Gone And Done It Ive Got Myseft A Grand Voyager

Junglehead

Question

Hi all I'm new to the forum I've been on the look out for a grand voyager for some time and now I pleased to say I now have one !!!!!! :)

Not had a Chrysler and I'm loving all the toys on it. 

How ever it does have a few niggles.

It has a knock noise for the front left side maybe top mount? (any advise would be good.)

Also dvd monitor don't work the player seems to work but not a flicker of the monitor.  (any advise would be good.)

and the rear parking sensors not working the led display seem to be missing.( were the on earth do I get one of them form??)

But the car was for a good price so happy with what I have also had a great 3 hour drive home wow what a car!!

2006 XS model if that's helps

Many thanks in advance. 

Hi darkchild101

Iv got a 2006 2.8 voyager. Mine used to do the same. But since i had the thermostat done a week ago. I dont get it anymore.also have yiu put a cleaner through it. I use bg244.(diesel cleaner) or BG44K (petrol cleaner) and it works

Another thing, when i start the car there is white smoke, could this be related to the thermostat issue?

What you might find it could be is that the engine isnt running hot enough so over time it's going to build up alot of crap from unburnt fuel. Get your stat done whether you have an original or the cheaper option in the hose. Once its running at its temperature you will find a lot of difference. I put bg244 diesel treatment in mine and now its ace. No black smoke or anything cold. Just condensation from exhausted on cold mornings which is normal.

I also noticed yesterday (while I was checking out the auxiliary heater) that the exhaust vibrates a lot, was thinking about rubber need change, but if you are saying that it still does it, I will not change.

Then the alternator pulley to change. I can't find the threads anymore, but I think they'll where on this forum.

I also noticed yesterday (while I was checking out the auxiliary heater) that the exhaust vibrates a lot, was thinking about rubber need change, but if you are saying that it still does it, I will not change.

Then the alternator pulley to change. I can't find the threads anymore, but I think they'll where on this forum.

What people often think as a vibrating exhaust is most times that the top thin alloy 'heat shield' has rotted out at the bolt point. The aluminium reacts with the steel bolt, the holes enlarge till they are so big the shield sits directly on top of the exhaust and vibrates like hell.

Hi all as this thread is going on which is good so here go's I pulled up that home opened the electric door drivers side, then I noticed some smoke coming for the under side of the car I didn't notice were it was coming form as the auxiliary heater was running at the same time. All door work as well as the heater any one heard of such a thing?

Hi all as this thread is going on which is good so here go's I pulled up that home opened the electric door drivers side, then I noticed some smoke coming for the under side of the car I didn't notice were it was coming form as the auxiliary heater was running at the same time. All door work as well as the heater any one heard of such a thing?

- smoke coming for the under side of the car - auxiliary heater was running at the same time  !