Dvd Player Problem

Stevec0268

Question

Morning all,

Whilst trying to see why the DVD player wasn't working in my car I found out it was unplugged!

After plugging it in I found out why it had been unplugged. 

Alternately it was flashing the lights over buttons 1,2,3 and then 4,5 and 6.

Has anyone come across this before or does anyone have the audio manual (mine is missing).  I have had the cover off the DVD and can see there is a disc in there (not mine) but that is as for as I have got.

Any help appreciated.

Steve

5 answers to this question

copied this for you. hope it helps.

Happened to me as well. I first had it give me an error with disk 6 flashing so I removed it, put it back in and the lights would flash from 3 left to 3 right. I removed the DVD changer from the car again, removed the top (one screw), removed the black face plate (4 screws and carfully pry up on the bottom tabs when pulling it forward. I then took out the five screws holding the changer (four on top, one in the back) and removed the changer so I could get to the bottom. There is a set of wheels on the bottom that I started to turn which was easy at first but it seemed to reach a point where it was stuck so I gave it a bit more and something seemed to snap into position. So I assume that it was just the mechanism that jammed when it tried to switch disks. I put it back together, installed it, and it works fine now. When it first started all the lights would flash but then it settled down to a single light and I ejected the first 3 disks and number 6 and let it play the forth. Now to see how long it lasts.

Right,  just had the DVD out again, stripped it all down and a broken piece fell out of it!  I played with wheels underneath,put it all back together and still the same problem.  Looks like the piece that had broken is the one thats causing the problem! 

Looks like I have got to try and source one now.  Time to start phoning some scrapers me thinks as the only one on ebay is in america and they are asking silly money for it.

Thanks for the suggestion. 

I have the same problem, mine stopped working after the battery went flat, when I put on the new battery the lights flashed 3 left and 3 right

I tried stripping it down but after removing the 5 tiny screws on the top it would not lift off completely , when I tried to put the top back down the small plastic gear had come out of mesh with the rack , also there was a small spring that sits in the gears on the other side had come out of its location, I think it sits in the cam below as that has a slot in it for the arm of the spring to sit in

All I can do is put it back and hope for the best, don't know why it messed up because of the battery, or is there a weird way of resetting them also 

Thanks 

Dave