Door Handles

Nello

Question

Chaps - word of warning. My youngest leaps in an out of the Delta like Ironman - noticed the other day that the left edge chrome 'trim' - to the left of the door handle has come loose. Attempted to 'wiggle' and the whole piece has snapped off from the handle assembly. Looks like its screwed down by two lugs behind it but has snapped off - fairly thin plastic so no suprise really. Anyway I'll attempt to bond back in with some araldite or such like but watch yours don't snap off as well as I cannot imagine they are the easiest part to get hold of.

16 answers to this question

Deltisti - Just to revive this - Ironically enough my youngest's school teacher was picked up the other day as I watched by her husband who has bought an identical Delta to mine! Though still Chrysler'ed - I noticed he has the exact problem I had here on this thread - same door as well. I've also seen it mentioned on one of the Italian Delta 3 FB pages.

Its the chromed bit on the right here - You have to buy a complete handle if you lose it! (Sorry Mike only took me 3 years to add a photo!) 

Eper says its shared with the 2007-2009 Bravo (earlier ones are Body coloured I think?) I bonded mine back in with JB Weld and its never come back off.......

http://www.huhandle.com/img/Product/HU-FT3403M-FRK.jpg

Edited by Nello

No mine have survived surprisingly! I find people in general don't grab the handle in the right place, and then yank at it... So only a matter of time!

Kudos on the bump Nello, I cmame here this evening to post this exact question.

My little mischief maker loves attempting to pull the rear passenger door off its hinges when getting in. Noticed on friday that this section was coming loose.

Any idea if good ol' super glue will do the trick, or does it require something else?

The worst possible thing happened to me today!!  :(

At work we have some good quality super glue, so I told myself that I'd wait until I got to work to glue this piece back in place on the rear passenger handle..

Then I get to work and see that it's GONE :(  An entire week it stayed in place and the one day I decided to fix it is the day it falls off...

Lesson to be learnt: 1) Don't delay repair work!  2) If a part is loose, remove it and hold on to it until you can repair it

How much is a cheap look a like?